Thursday, February 23, 2006

Sudoku

Every day I have to do the sudoku in my school paper. Every day. I usually do it between classes, or during a lunch break. The one at school only has three difficulty levels: bronze, silver, and gold. Obviously gold is the hardest and bronze is the easiest.

None of them are too difficult, as I have been able to complete them all, every time. Not once has an Emerald sudoku stumped me. On the other hand, the one in the Register Guard has a seven difficulty levels. Seven! I've managed to complete up to six stars almost every time. Unfortunately the seven star difficulty I have yet to solve. I also do one on shockwave.com. One is not enough when it comes to sudoku. More than one can be enough.

That reminds me of something I heard today at school, "What is a physicist's definition of a diatomic molecule? One atom too many!"

2 comments:

Nicholas said...

That's my favorite thing to do when I'm bored! I'm pretty good at it. On a scale of four difficulties, I can do the hardest with some difficulty. For those I can finish in about ten minutes. I also found a book filled with sudoku using 16 by freaking 16 grids! They're so dang hard, I can spend an hour on those and never figure them out. Anyway, uh... LOOK A MONKEY! *points somewhere in the distance and runs*

The Gentle Cricket said...

I, too, am addicted to Sudoku. I usually just print them off the web.